Content marketing . . . search engine optimized blogs posts and web pages promoted through email newsletters and social media . . . helps therapists connect with the clients that need them them most.
Content Marketing for Therapists Help Practices Get More of the Right Clients
Because 90% of Consumers Start a Search for Services Online . . .
Content in its purest form consists of your website’s pages and blog posts that signal to Google that you are an expert in your subject. Google is hungry for experts to provide answers to its own clientele: people searching for answers. And today, the search engines are lucky to get robust answers FREE from the experts who long to connect with people seeking/needing their services.
With Google the new broker between you and your prospects, it’s critical your content is optimized for search engines so that the bots can crawl it easily and logically. Also, Google delivers results to your prospects based on the search terms THEY enter into the search bar. Therefore, you need to know these keyword terms to connect with prospects AND rank higher in the search engines.
To be honest: search engine optimization ranks third when it comes to the highest returns on marketing dollar. The email newsletter is first (people like reading mail!) with an average ROI of $38 for every $1 spent. Social is second.
Still, content (relevent service pages and blog posts) provide the “guts” of everything you’re doing on email and social. Therapists use blog posts:
- as articles in the monthly email newsletter (the email newsletter has the highest ROI of all digital marketing tactics)
- as social media enticements
- as a go-to personal library proving expertise
- as bait for link-building (other sites linking to your article impresses Google).
Content is at the heart of all digital marketing for therapists and any other business. I say this based on the fact that 90% of today’s consumers research products and services they are interested in.
Start your content marketing program with the help of an expert: Suzanne, a writer for 25 years and search engine optimization specialist for 6 years. If you want to talk to me, know that I’m providing free 30-minute consultations every Thursday and Friday afternoon. Just click this link to reserve your spot.
The Data Supports Content Marketing for Therapists
If you’ve landed here, you’ve probably run across some of these statistics that reflect content marketing’s potential:
- 77% of internet users read blogs (Content Marketing Institute)
- Today’s consumer reviews 11 pieces of content from you and your competitors before making the first phone call or visit (Google)
- 85% of the 1,000 business bloggers in a 2017 Orbit Media Studios study claim their blog gets them either strong results or some results. (Orbit/Hubspot)
- Small business internet marketing provider ThriveHive surveyed their clients and found that those who blogged regularly got 73% MORE visits every day than those clients who didn’t blog. (ThriveHive)
- Well-written seo content that answers key questions gets visitors completing the majority of your buying process (for therapists, usually a form fill-out) without even calling you (Kapost).
- 82% of marketers who blog see POSITIVE ROI from their inbound marketing strategy. (HubSpot)
- And let’s not forget that it’s content that goes into your email newsletters and social media posts.
Why Informed Web Content for Therapists?
As a survivor of family dysfunction, I am eternally grateful to the dedicated therapists who got me to a point where life was bearable and then enjoyable and finally amazing. I honestly believe every person should have their own therapist as much as they have their own dentist or plumber. I not only understand your ideal clients, I am well-versed in your industry’s terms, content and associations. I will work hard to ensure your content appeals to both search engines and prospects.
The SEO Content Your Search Specialist Has Been Begging For
If the positive research on content marketing didn’t bring you here, perhaps your search specialist prodded you. Search nerds are far more comfortable with numbers and data than word-flow and audience need. Beyond their necessary tech work, you should know that:
Today’s customers crave your expert insights . . .
Search engines demand fresh content that answers users’ questions . . .
But how does a frantic therapist add one more task to her list? She pulls Suzanne on board.
As a seasoned writer (9 books, thousands of blog posts and magazine articles), SEO professional (utilizing Google’s Tools, SEMRush, BuzzSumo) and WordPress wrangler, I can research your best keywords and topics, create your SEO content and post it to your website, complete with critical internal and external links. Then I track the performance of each page so you can see which of your web pages and blog posts get the most traffic, which result in a form fill out, and which hold your readers’ attention longest. If you have an assistant that can handle the posting and promoting tasks, your prices are lower.
Keeping Content Marketing for Therapists Affordable: My Process
After 7 years creating seo content and conversion-oriented copywriting for digital marketing agencies, financial and legal companies, I have devised a process that allows me to work for my favorite clients: therapists and small businesses. I call it my back-and-forth content marketing method.
Here’s how it goes:
Tell me your goals, competitors, the cities/neighborhoods you serve and your specialties. I make the process simple by providing user-friendly forms for you to complete.
Do either a quick seo content audit of your site ($195) or an entire content marketing strategy ($795) that includes best opportunity keywords and titles for 10 service pages and 20 blog posts . All blog post titles are run through CoSchedule’s Headline Analyzer tool to maximize attractability. I outline each blog post and then turn it over to you.
Fill in the key information, your knowledge, experience and anecdotes without worrying about grammar, spelling, usage or flow. That’s my department! I can also interview the “guts” of the post out of you via a phone interview (extra fee of $35)
Turn all of this information into a high quality, search-engine optimized blog post or web page that meets your therapy clients’ most dire needs and answers their questions as concerns the topic. I optimize each piece for the search engines by inserting the primary, secondary and related (semantic) keywords in the right places. I also link to one or more relevant, authoritative, non-competitive website such as the American Psychological Association, the California Psychological Association, Pew Research or any other leading entity or professional you find appropriate. I will also link each blog post to the appropriate internal web page and/or other blog posts that relate (Google loves both external linking and internal linking).
Review the piece for accuracy. If it meets your expectations, you sign off on it. You return it to me to post. I can post to your social media channels or send it out via your email newsletter as well for an additional low fee.
Get all of this done for just $125 per 1,000-word blog post or web page. 1,500-word posts and pages cost $150 and 2,000-word are $195. Long-form content does perform better, but CONSISTENT quality content beats even long-form content.
How Content Marketing for Therapists Keeps the Client Pipeline Full
Today’s website acts as your 24/7 sales person or liason. The content there can:
- Help potential clients get the specific and critical help they need
- Pre-screen ideal clients for you by making clear your exact services, approach and commitment
- Boost your credibility with friendly, approachable prose style that also proves your expertise and experience
- Increase prospect familiarity with you. After all, it takes 8 to 10 “touches” before a prospect actually calls or “converts.” Each piece of content you create becomes one of those touches.
- Wins backlinks for your site . . . critical to rank in the search engines
- Use the proven principles of website copywriting to convert more website visitors into therapy clients and/or newsletter subscribers
- Ensure your website pages are effectively optimized for search engines so they can rank high for your neighborhood and specific services.
- Streamline and automate your client acquisition process
Informed Web content handles keyword research, writing/editing, posting, promotion and tracking for a low price of $125 per post or page. We can also share just the writing via Google Docs for $95 per page.
While you may have seen advertisements for blog posts running $11.95, know that those websites have disclaimers reading, “Our content may have typos, grammars errors and unconfirmed facts.” No kidding. Often, the content is exported to India or the Phillipines where unskilled, non-native speakers turn out the worst drivel. I guarantee those sites will waste your time and money.
Every Thursday and Friday, I do 2 FREE 30-minute consultations on your current content. Schedule your time by clicking below or reach out by calling 858-348-5655 or email firstname.lastname@example.org. References: All claims backed up by data from these sources:
Content Marketing Institute: “9 Stats that Will Want to Make You Invest in Content Marketing” Google: “4 Mobile Moments Changing the Customer Journey.” Hubspot/Orbit Media: “Blogging Statistics and Trends: The 2017 Survey of 1000+ Authors” ThriveHive: “6 Small Business Marketing Strategies that Work (With Proof)” Hubspot: “The Ultimate List of Marketing Statistics for 2018” Marketing Profs: “Which Channels Deliver the Highest Marketing ROI.”